Thursday, March 04, 2010

#9: Bistro Lyon, Feb. 13

Another busy Saturday, another meal in the Omotesando-eki food court. (I said I was going to try new restaurants, not new locations.)

Bistro Lyon's big business appears to be huge filled crepes, but I wanted a smaller meal. I was just about to order quiche when I saw a sign advertising croque monsieur and changed my order in mid-sentence. (I was sorely disappointed recently to find out that my favorite croque monsieur in Tokyo is no more. Cafe Hana, in Nishi-azabu, is no longer serving food, only drinks and cake. I'm bummed that I'll never again taste that peppery sauce, but Sarah put things in perspective: "They're serving cake? How is that bad news?")

Big mistake. I got the worst excuse for a croque monsieur ever -- about eight bites of sandwich filled with tough, stringy meat that I think might have been pastrami. It definitely wasn't ham, unless it was ham that had been cooked to the texture of leather. The flavorless cheese didn't help to offset the awful meat, either.

It's a good motto for life: when in doubt, order the quiche.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Making money on the internet is easy in the hush-hush world of [URL=http://www.www.blackhatmoneymaker.com]google blackhat[/URL], It's not a big surprise if you don't know what blackhat is. Blackhat marketing uses alternative or misunderstood ways to generate an income online.