Monday, May 08, 2006

Stupid cell phone tricks

I was walking down the escalator at Metro Center today when my phone rang. I'm not one of those people who stomps around D.C. with my phone glued to my ear, but I guessed -- correctly, it turns out -- that it was Debra answering the question I'd just left a message asking her, so I fished my phone out of my purse and promptly fumbled it. In an unbelievable sequence of events, the phone bounced down three steps, hit its edge on the edge of a step, flipped itself open, cartwheeled down two more steps and landed on its back, with the display screen cheerfully counting away the call time.

Damage: none, except maybe to Debra's ear.

LG camera phones are built Ford tough.

And I'm sure this story is being told at the dinner tables tonight of everyone who watched me chase the phone down the escalator.

2 comments:

Stacy said...

I wonder how tough it would have been had it fallen into the train platform. MAN UP, phone!

Also? You rule.

Anonymous said...

Phones. hair dryers, chop sticks!!
You are REALLY special.
I still love you, neice!