Sunday, May 21, 2006

Sympathy for the she-devil

I never thought I'd find myself saying this, but ... I kinda feel sorry for Britney Spears right now.

Brit's back in the tabloids for nearly dropping Sean Preston while trying to fight her way through crowds of paparazzi in New York, her latest would-be-comical-if-it-didn't-involve-a-baby mishap.

I'm not even about to defend her for driving with the baby on her lap ... or not knowing how to use a car seat ... or marrying a loser ... or her entire career. (Although Nickel Creek's cover of "Toxic" is wicked cool.)

But ... as a fellow klutz, I can see myself being in this position. Not the being-chased-by-photogs part, but I manage to fall quite a bit on my own, even when not surrounded by a crazed mob. And if I was holding a baby during one of my clumsy spells, yeah, I can see potential catastrophe.

(Mental picture: Sharon reading this post in horror, yelling, "And I let that woman hold Harper! Never again!")

Being a trifle clumsy doesn't make her a bad mom.

Being pregnant again by KFed, however, does.

5 comments:

Karen said...

That's what I'm sayin'! It's nice to be anonymous.

Anonymous said...

Oh, man. Just today I was feeling guilty for feeling all sorry for Britney, but now I realize I'm not alone! I mean, seriously. She's making some serious parenting fuckups (breeding with K-Fed, driving with baby in lap) for sure, and that's inexcusable, but she also doesn't exactly have access to all the normal-people parenting classes and social networks, either. And the scrutiny, good lord. Yeah. I really am starting to feel sorry for her. Which makes me feel kind of worried for me ...

Anonymous said...

I, too, felt a little sorry for Brit with the almost-trip. But then she was driving around with the kid in a forward-facing seat and I thought, "Bitch, please. You KNOW they're after you. Can't you get just ONE thing right? Or does figuring out how to ditch K-Fed really take up that much of your mental capacity?

Anonymous said...

You can take the girl out of the trailer park, but you can;t take the trailer park out of the girl.:)

Anonymous said...

Hello neice....Love the comments about your trip!!

AW in CA