Saturday, June 24, 2006

8 a.m., EDT

My next-door neighbors got a puppy while I was gone. He's a cute little thing, black, appears to be mixed breed. His hobbies include barking as well as barking, and in his spare time he enjoys barking.

If there's a master list somewhere of People Who Need A Dog Like They Need A Hole In The Head, surely these neighbors are near the top.

And on the other side of my house, Mr. King and I have a difference of opinion on the correct time of day to use a weed-whacker, with me being firmly in the Not At 7 a.m. camp.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Perhaps Mr. King is ex-military? Because on base they looooooove to start the weed-whacking at O-dark-hundred. Even -- and I'm not making this up -- if it's pouring rain.

Anonymous said...

Welcome home!!

Stacy is soooooo right! ALL branches of Service seem to use the same timetable to service yards, roads, and any thing else that requires NOISE!

Uncle Art, USN Retired

Hi Stacy

Anonymous said...

I can attest to this, too, growing up in base housing. You'd get written up if they come around on inspection day and you have weeds growing through the cracks in your driveway.