Thursday, June 08, 2006

Day 12: Hooray for happy accidents

My arrival in Korea was not auspicious -- I was supposed to be staying at the military-owned Dragon Hill Lodge, but despite three conversations in D.C. that went like "Are you sure I have lodging in Korea?" "Yes, definitely," they didn't have a reservation for me.

Tragically, the mixup has forced me to stay instead at the five-star Grand Hyatt Seoul. I'm in no mood to cast blame right now, mostly because I'm lounging in a fluffy robe and slippers on the pristine white down comforter blanketing the most comfortable bed ever.

I am never coming home, btw.

I've spent the past two days touring bases in Korea -- cool for me, but not too exciting for anybody reading this. Tomorrow, though, I get to tour the DMZ. So I should have more to write tomorrow. If I bother to get out of bed.

No comments: